The Bay Area Urban Manufacturing InitiativeStrengthening regional connections, growing regional manufacturing
With its position at the epicenter of technology, design, and innovation, the Bay Area has the potential to shape the future of manufacturing. We must work together to ensure that our region seizes this opportunity to retain and create middle-class jobs for a more equitable Bay Area.
Join us. Be part of the resurgent Bay Area manufacturing economy.
STATE OF URBAN MANUFACTURING REPORT
The inaugural Bay Area State of Urban Manufacturing report is the culmination of the first coordinated regional effort to directly survey urban manufacturers on the topics of workforce, business practices, supply chain connections, real estate challenges, and most importantly, to uncover the opportunities for the largest Bay Area cities to collaborate and grow: San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, and Fremont.
- Bay Area Urban Manufacturing Survey 2016 – SFMade
- Contract Manufacturing in Silicon Valley – Work2Future
- Economic Prosperity Strategy – SPUR
- Industrial Land and Jobs Study – Association of Bay Area Governments
- Reinventing Manufacturing: How the Transformation of Manufacturing Is Creating New Opportunity for California – Bay Area Council Economic Institute
- San Francisco Bay Area Goods Movement Plan – Metropolitan Transportation Commission
- San Francisco Bay Area Freight Mobility Study – California Department of Transportation
- San Francisco Bay Area’s State Of The Region 2015: Economy, Population, Housing – Association of Bay Area Governments
- State of Local Manufacturing 2015 – SFMade
- Vital Signs – Metropolitan Transportation Commission
Summit on Urban Manufacturing Press
- 4 Bay Area mayors create summit designed to grow local manufacturing – ABC 7
- Bay Area Mayors Pushing New Manufacturing Initiative – Mercury News
- Four Bay Area cities, SFMade join forces to save manufacturing – San Francisco Business Times
- 製造業大有可為灣區四市聯手拓展 – Sing Tao Daily
- Four Bay Area Cities Want More Manufacturing – Bisnow
- Four Bay Area Cities to Collaborate to Enhance Regional Manufacturing Ecosystem – Business Wire
- Four Bay Area Cities to Collaborate to Enhance Regional Manufacturing Ecosystem – The Registry
ABOUT THE INITIATIVE
Launched at the Bay Area Summit on Urban Manufacturing on November 17, 2016, the Bay Area Urban Manufacturing Initiative (BAUM) is a three-year project to facilitate the creation of a well-defined and interconnected regional manufacturing ecosystem.
The Initiative began with an effort to collect direct data from manufacturers in the four largest cities in the Bay Area: San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland and Fremont. The BAUM working group will use this data to establish specific initiative goals and yearly data will be collected to help Bay Area municipalities better quantify their manufacturing sectors.